Thursday, November 5, 2009

A movie and a dress

The day after I didn't feel like removing my nails and I still needed a fancy dress for next Saturday. I also wanted to see Pixar's Up so I slipped into something that would not as be conspicuous as I wore yesterday (read fashionista all over) so it was just top, skinny jeans and boots.

Got out of the door, only to be immediately besieged by the neighbours dog. It is ok, she already knows and has no issues with that at all. Had a little chat before I excused myself as I otherwise would miss the movie...


Up was a real blast though I had a tear or two sometimes I had to admit (I'm a bit sensitive :) ). Really wonderful storytelling, go and see it! It was the first time I had seen a movie in 3D (and in this fashion too :P)

After that I decided to leave the car where I had it parked for free and took the tram to city centre, again using my boy pass. I am probably getting reckless. I was checked once on the way back and when the guy made a comment of me traveling on my husbands pass I explained that it was actually my "other head". He understood it completely and smiled when I got out at my stop.

The reason for all this traveling, I had seen a very nice dress at Steps that would fit the theme (gala party ) just right for the Saturday gathering of the birds of a feather group. Luckily it as a) there and b) in my size. A girl from the shop was also wearing the same dress and while I stood watching myself in the mirror she said we almost looked like sisters. Only thing was I was almost a couple of heads taller than she was. She also advised me to get a pair of long gloves to go with it. At the counter I finally caved in and signed up for a customer pass. The other girl recognized me from when I bought the skirt+top+scarves I wore yesterday and told me if I still had the receipt they would put it on the customer pass. Back at home I turned my garbage bin upside down and after some digging around was able to find it. Pfew! Already have an excuse for the next excursion ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment