Friday, May 29, 2009

(Not so) Stupid Girl was Far away, a long time ago

(Not so) Stupid Girl is Far away
This was probably the most courageous thing I did then, I had booked a short trip to upper norway (Tromsø) to look at the Northern lights and the day long dark (whatever you like :) )

Besides the usual boy things I also packed my girl stuff, no I don't dare to fly like this (yet) but who knows...

So upon arrival in the hotel (pfft heavy suitcase!) I got ready, sneaked out of the hotel and walked around in the city. Given it was in the dead of the winter everything was iced up and very slippery. Stupidly enough the comfy girl boots rubber soles gave me more grip than the boys rugged hiking boots :(



On my way to the bridge I passed a restaurant and walked through a group of girls and I think the spotted me or found something else to be unusual to me as they suddenly dropped their conversation. Except from that no one else really noticed. I got to the center of the bridge and took some pictures of the city. On my way back run into a slightly drunk Norwegian guy but he was very polite.

After some more sightseeing I got back to the hotel and took this picture. Quite funny, there was another group of people walking there, politely waiting for me to finish my self-shooting :)

Retracing my footsteps

As I had a busy schedule I only left it with this moment, didn't dare to do everything like this there but for sure the thought crossed my mind to fly back like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment