Sunday, May 17, 2009

Last Wednesday

I've could have called this entry "The Art of Passing" (too pretentious) or "Outside" (what is so special about that ?) so I'll just settle for "Last Wednesday" because, honestly, that was all what it was about and nothing more.

I'm getting into routine (great song by Copark btw), doing makeup and getting dressed. Legs are too fluffy for skirts right now and can't be bothered doing them right now. I'll get around that when the weather gets less chilly and when I'll be visiting another T&T gathering so it is a pair of jeans today.

Sneaked into my comfy Dr. Martens Jenna boots (low heels) and went off for a quick walk with the dog, taking a different route than the boy does in order not to bump into too familiar people. "Problem" is that one can link the girl to the boy by the dog but so far I've managed. Couple of months ago I met one of my same-floor neighbours but her nose was either bleeding or she really didn't notice a thing, though we even had a small conversation. Not that my voice is bad but it ain't good either but I seem to get away with it. Years, even some months before I would probably have freaked out by the thought alone, to be trapped in the elevator with other people, giving them plenty time to read me. Now I was pretty ok with it.

Along the waterfront I ran into a girl and her dachshund, I realise I've run into her before when she called for him (he was tailgating my dog again :) ). She said hi and I said hi back, exchanged smiles and just as previous time she didn't either notice nor bothered about it.

I wanted to do some quick shopping, so changed my boots, got my bag and drove to the city. First stopped by Silhouette to see if they had any comfortable pumps. Was searching for a pointy toe one, but with a not too thin heel and definitely not wanting to go for very chunky ones... ohhh I can be sooo demanding :)

Silhouette is a known safe address for T* people, it was actually the first store I dared to enter while being "in function" and I have good memories about that. It really boosted my self confidence then, especially mentioning this to a friend some months after where I told her shop personell didn't notice it in the beginning. Given T*s frequent the place it is indeed kinda special then... Didn't see the pumps I was looking for and went to the book store after that.

I tried to find some books by Renate Stoute again, but they're probably out of print. I got myself 2 travel guides for some Nordic destinations instead as I might go there later this year, but not sure about it yet. Girl behind counter smiled :)

On the other hand, I still wanted to have a pair of white capri length leggings (to match with e.g. the purple dress bought recently and other summerish stuff) and I decided to try my luck at Bijenkorf. Found them as well as white studded belt which had a price drop. Of course no visiting Bijenkorf without paying a visit to their shoe department (yes, I'm addicted if you didn't got that by now). Despite my attempt to get pumps at Silhouette earlier, I also wanted to have some flat shoes in order to dress down a bit on occasions. The high heel business can be a bit too much crossdresser-look at times, and swapping it with flats probably make stand out even less in the crowd (literally and figurative speaking!) while retaining the image of the girl next door.

I've settled for the replay ballerinas, with a cute pink bow :)

newwwww ssssenssssible shooosssss! on Twitpic
Asked the shop assistent for the other half of the pair and asked me if they where the right size. I found them to be, and enough space for my toes too. She said they looked good on me, and she really meant it. Probably I was looking a bit puzzled, still looking in the mirror whether they really would suit me that she said it again to me :)

Given I had to do some business in drab that afternoon I called it a day and went home as another happy customer :)

The passibility thing still is quite a strange thing, it is nothing I would have expected it to be. It suddenly was just there. One thing is for sure, it feels soo much better than sneaking out at night ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment