Thursday, May 5, 2011

Up again

Profile

That is me, up again. This time not on top of a big Swiss mountain but one of the tourist landmarks of the city of Rotterdam. I went there with Bianca (Holland) as that Saturday marked being the last day of T&T group Rotterdam, a thing I didn't wanted to miss out on. Bianca, who goes regularly to the Amsterdam and Hoorn groups at Wednesdays had to skip so instead she went with me!

First we drove over to my good friend Natassia, she has a new place where we had lots of tea and ice tea and just chatted a bit. Later on some of Natassia's non T* friends came over, they where totally briefed on the matter, so everything was cool :)

Natassia and her friends stayed behind to game and cook, and we headed out to Rotterdam. Nothing was planned and left everything to chance. So we decided to ascent the Euromast, one of Rotterdam's famous landmarks!

Reflections

If I only would have know about the rubber mats on the observation deck oh my oh my. My mother, who think I'm doing silly enough already about the heel business, would have laughed her ass off seeing me trudge, stumble and continuously loose my shoes due to the heels keeping stuck in the mats. Probably the rest of the people on the observation deck had a good laugh too :( fail!

Rotterdam is not Amsterdam, but maybe the Witte de Withstraat comes close. Trendy, lot of little (shoe)shops, good food, art, a Marlies Dekker store. It was the spot I decided we had to have dinner. Most places where crowded, good luck getting a table without reservation :(
Luckily there was a restaurant quite empty in the beginning of the street where I had thought it to be more in the middle. Perhaps they moved ??? last time I've eaten there must have been a couple of years ago...

We both enjoyed our food, had no strange looks, the waiters where friendly, another successful day!

We spent the evening at the last T&T rotterdam gathering, A lot more people showed up. I had fun with the bar people, there where speeches and I took some pictures for the host as having some memories of this moment to cherish. Too bad it is over :(

No comments:

Post a Comment