I had a lovely ski trip to Switzerland in March where my suitcase was a bit heavier than usual. Luckily it was still within the luggage allowance and I smuggled a bit too with putting stuff in the ski luggage ;)
On the evening of the second day I decided to cook. I'm pretty lousy at it and it is quite a challenge too to cook just for one. Can't buy all the stuff I would like to use as I can probably throw it all away at the end of the week.

Switched the skirt for a pair of jeans and did an evening walk around town. Nothing special, just being a tourist taking pictures of cozy swiss chalets and such. A guy walked up to me and asked where everybody was as the streets where quite empty. I know this place for a couple of years now and I know that after apres ski wraps up everyone calls it and early night to be even more ready in the morning. So I just said they went all to bed :)
On the 3rd day I decided to leave the board in the shed and play tourist girl once more. Grabbed my gear, sunglasses and headed out for the cable car. Quite crowded in there, and just one guy was staring intensively at me, I was afraid his eyes might pop out :( It probably has to do with the copious amounts of plaster on my face in combination with direct sunlight. Maybe on another occasion I would have said something about it but for now I thought well I'll just leave it.

Well, women on top! even if they're just part time! Of course people where watching this stupid girl taking pictures of herself in front of one of Switzerland's highest mountains. What was quite funny was I walked back to the camera, and suddenly this tall Swiss Mr mustache man was standing where I was standing, hoping to get a picture of us both. Hahaha felt a bit awkward about that and decided to have something to eat in the revolving restaurant.

So I was enjoying my soup and the view when the waiter came by to ask if everything was ok. So we chatted a bit, me in my utterly broken german when he said "You're Dutch right ? I can hear it by your accent". Oops, I've being read as being Dutch! Hahaha something different as being read in your birth gender. Maybe they knew, or didn't. We both didn't care about that. Soup finished and I headed down again, for some reading on my balcony.

But before that I did some grocery shopping, some light snacks and a bottle of good Swiss wine!
No comments:
Post a Comment