
... and imagine you would like to receive a present under the christmas tree (or shoe) for your (fe)male self, but you can't for whatever reason. I am not going to venture into the reasoning why not, but hope to give a work around for that.
There will be some limits though, as the thing you could ask for has be something that can be given to both sexes. Gender neutral. So if you are mtf no nail polish and mtf no after shave and stuff like that.
I'll use the male to female situation to illustrate, but should be applicable on female to male too.
At first you could ask for something like luxury bathing stuff. Maybe it is something you already once have shopped for. If not, and you can, try to shop for it whilst being dressed. In your mind this is now filed as "for your female side".
Use the stuff at home, show your family etc that you like it. If they start to like the stuff too that is good though they'll probably raid your stash of the stuff from there on :)
Now it is possible to ask "can I have X?" for the holiday season without anyone being discomfortable about it and you still getting a present for your female side. WIN :)
In the case you might still be closeted you might think all hope is lost, but you can still ask for a voucher for the drug store as "I don't know yet, can I just get a voucher to sort it out later?". Of course that voucher won't be used on aftershave but on the nail polish you wanted so bad.
The secrecy around that approach addresses the pink fog issue for the short term, but adds to the guilt you already might have of being transgendered. If so, think about coming out of the closet. The voucher thing might actually help as it shows you're slightly adjusting your views on certain things.
Considering myself, I am going to ask for Rituals and soak myself in it. Good luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment