Saturday, January 14, 2012

Meeting Calista...

Cosy in the rocket
...and getting that ultimate dress
I've know Calista for quite a while now but due to, lets say, "conflicting schedules" we where never able to do a meet up except for a brief Skype call. But that day I'm traveling to Utrecht where Calista and I have made an appointment to have some drinks in town centre and some obligatory window shopping. For convenience I took the train and while enroute to the cathedral city another girl was sitting next to me, paying absolutely no attention to that girl sitting next to her who is reading her book.

At Utrecht central station I went to the starbucks there, but didn't see Calista yet. After a while I thought of getting some drinks myself and wait for her and at that very moment she pulled me out of the queue :)

After she got rid of her other stuff we left Utrecht central station and ventured into city center. The weather was a bit strange, hot, cold and damp at the same time. Not a fantastic combination when you are a girl like me. Supposedly botox seems to help in that case but I'm not contemplating that seriously at the moment.

We chose a nice cafe restaurant near the Dom tower (I think, because it is already a couple of months back) to have something to eat and drink and we talked about what we are.

During the window-shopping afterwards I started to notice a small but annoying sting somewhere under my heel in my boot, I though some cat litter had managed to sneak in there but payed little attention to it further. At home I discovered a small nail was being pushed up and into my heel :(

Utrecht city centre has a lot of nice little shops. Meanwhile a slight drizzle had started and I got my umbrella out. It was almost time again to go home again and inside Hoog Catherijne, a big shopping mall we went into a Steps (my favorite brand :P) store. There was this hideously expensive leather dress hanging there but I had to try it.. and it fitted (after Calista helped )! Still I found it far to expensive so I left it for what it was. Besides, if I wanted to buy it I would buy it at "my" Steps store in Rotterdam.

Back at Utrecht central station we went to the Starbucks again to get our last drinks which was very cool because my name (although spelled as Miriëlle :P) was on my cup! Too bad Calista's frappuchino fell out of her hands creating a mess on her skirt, I felt really sorry for her :(

Because I didn't buy anything in Utrecht I went of the train Rotterdam Alexander and decided to raid Alexandrium. I got myself new heeled ankle boots, to wear with my chino outfit I shopped with Natas back in Amsterdam and a new bra. I was also tricked into getting a Hunkemöller customer pass because then the bra was 20% off :P which is actually really cool :)

Loot!

No comments:

Post a Comment